Terms & Conditions
In this document the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
"Cool Bus" will refer to the company Cool Bus SARL Siret: 480 305 853 00016.
"Client" shall be the person that makes the booking for themselves or on behalf of other persons.
"Party" shall refer to all persons travelling under one single booking.
"Passenger" shall refer to a person within a party.
"Operator" shall refer to an enterprise that provides transport services via the use of their own vehicles.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking unless an alternative arrangement has been made with Cool Bus. Cool Bus will produce written confirmation of the details regarding the booking by email.
- Such payment is strictly non-refundable except in circumstances where Cool Bus, due to causes beyond its control, cancels or, at its absolute discretion, agrees to cancel the booking.
- Clients are entitled to cancel the ticket by email or letter. Cancellations must be made at least 14 days before the time of travel. In the event of a cancellation by the Client, Cool Bus, at its absolute discretion, may refund the money subject to a deduction of bank, and administrative charges. The Client will receive an email confirming the cancellation.
- Where two or more passengers are included on the same booking, the Client purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for both or all members of the Party and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the Party.
- Where Cool Bus book for travel on services provided by operators other than Cool Bus we do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply and our liability will be confined to travel on our own services.
- The invoice is your ticket. Please print a copy to bring with you when you travel.
- In the case of missed flights or flight delays forcing you to miss your transfer. Cool Bus will endeavour to meet your new requirements at no additional cost. Where this is not possible, they will ask you to fill in a declaration for your travel insurance for the cost of your new transfer. The extra charge can and may be waived or reduced at the discretion of Cool Bus.
- The destination and pick-up addresses you have supplied are the addresses to which you will be delivered and picked up. Should you wish to change these or any other details, this must be done in writing by email directly with Cool Bus 2 days prior to the date of travel.
- All luggage must be clearly labelled with the owners name and destination address. Customers are limited to two items of luggage (one usual holiday luggage bag and small hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag.Ski and snowboard bags should be declared at the time of booking in order to assist Cool Bus with the provision of adequate luggage space. Any luggage in excess of the above must also be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, Cool Bus reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items.
- Cool Bus reserves the right (and delegates to its drivers the right) to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or the other passenger(s). Any person using threatening or abusive language or behavour to a driver or passenger will be asked to leave the vehicle immediately regardless of where it is or the time of day.
- Passengers who soil the interior of a vehicle will be liable to pay a cleaning charge of a minimum of 50 euros. This charge is payable immediately to the Cool Bus driver. If the passenger refuses to pay, or has no money with which to pay, then the cleaning charge will be taken on the credit card that the client used to make the booking. Cool Bus will produce a receipt for this transaction. If payment cannot, or will not, be made Cool Bus will cancel any outstanding transfer(s) for the passenger(s) concerned with no refund given and take legal action against the passenger(s) concerned to recover the cost of cleaning the vehicle including any legal fees Cool Bus incur.
- Parents, or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children and adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the Cool Bus vehicles, and will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
- Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles. The consuming of food is not permitted on any Cool Bus vehicle.
- Smoking is not permitted in Cool Bus vehicles.
- Cool Bus will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Cool Bus will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control.
- Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required under French law. However, whilst every care is always taken, clients property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own travel insurance.
- Cool Bus will endeavour to carry the passenger with the minimum discomfort and inconvenience to his/her destination shown on the confirmation document. However circumstances beyond our control may prevent the achievement of this responsibility.
The following are examples of circumstances which are not within our control:
If Cool Bus fails for any reason within our control to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Cool Bus will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Cool Bus for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by taxi.
It is the responsibility of the client that all the information on their Cool Bus invoice is correct. Cool Bus accepts no responsibility for misinformation given by a customer that results in either a flight being missed or a driver failing to be at the arrival airport in question to pick-up up a customer(s).
Delayed Flights: clients must understand that in the event of flight delays exceeding 90 minutes, and if the allocated driver has to leave the airport prior to the arrival of the client, clients will be placed on the next available transfer that is going to the requested destination. If a client insists on the driver waiting, regardless of the length of a delay, there will be a charge, after 90 minutes, of 20 euros per hour. If the driver is aware of the new arrival time for the delayed flight before leaving a resort to go to the arrival airport in question, the driver will leave according to the new arrival time and no supplement will be charged. Clients are asked to do their best to keep Cool Bus informed about all possible delays to their flight(s).
Delayed trains: in the case of train transfers Cool Bus can only guarantee to wait for 30 minutes after the expected train arrival time. If a train is delayed beyond this time, the driver may not be able to wait due to other commitments and the client will be offered a refund less an admin charge of 10 euros. If the driver is able to wait beyond 30 minutes Cool Bus can, at its discretion, make a waiting charge of 20 euros per hour (or part there-of).
Night Rates: For transfers requiring a driver to work between midnight and 6am there is a 45.00 euro supplement per vehicle.
Cool Bus shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of a breach in contract. Nothing can affect the consumers' statutory rights. Cool Bus's Terms and conditions are governed by French Law. Any dispute between Cool Bus and a third party, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the French courts.
The majority of SARL Cool Bus’s vehicles operate under a "Transport Public Routier Collectif de Personnes” licence. This is valid for the transport of groups only. If you book transfers for a group and then some of the party drop out to the extent that there is just one person to transport, we are not legally permitted to do so. In such cases, unless you have given us more than 14 days notice, any monies paid for transport would be non-refundable.
- accidents causing delays to the vehicle
- vehicle breakdowns
- exceptional or severe weather conditions
- compliance with requests of the police
- deaths and accidents on the road
- vandalism and terrorism
- unforeseen traffic delays
- industrial action by third parties
- problems caused by other customers
- the vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
- other circumstances affecting passenger safety